Friday, March 22, 2019

Blog Post 10 - Round 1: Setting the Bar High

It is so motivating to be in a class with so many bright and innovative future educators. I loved seeing all the creative ways that everyone this week shared for administering their lessons. Even though the grade levels and subjects varied, they all had one thing in common - the drive to engage their students in fun and valuable lessons. 

I loved Rebecca's read aloud lesson, being able to retell a story as you heard it is a great way to start learning how to interpret what you are reading. I seriously wanted some Oreo's as Rylee explained the different moon phases in her lesson plan; such a fun a delicious lesson! Debbie, I especially liked her innovative way of implementing a goofy video of Weird Al to help get her students get excited about the lesson; what a great way to get their attention. Tiff's personal finance class should be a requirement for all students, that is just very important information that I wish I would have learned early on in life. Kris, history can be a class that can either be very interesting or kind of boring depending on the teacher and I think he'd be a teacher that gets his students excited about learning all about history. Last but definitely not least, Samantha and her Pythagorean Theorem; I didn't even know what that was before Tuesday night, so needless to say she had me engaged and taught me something new. Everyone did such an amazing job and truly set the bar high for the rest of us. 

Image result for well done



2 comments:

  1. Lisset,
    I love your pictures! I think that you do an awesome job every week picking great pictures for your post. I also love seeing the creativity in others it goes to show that we will have some great teachers going into the field of education and I hope they use these skills to inspire, and drive their students to success. I really like not going first and seeing the others go so I can add more creativity into my other lessons from the wonderful ideas that they should. I also like that a can make sure I am covering key points in my elementary lessons so it will help the students for the high school lessons. Rebecca's read aloud was great, I cannot agree more! Everyone did a wonderful job!!
    Good Post,
    Abagail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisset,

    I could not agree more that these lesson plans were so motivating! I thought it was so neat to really hear everyones final lesson plan ideas and really get to understand how they would be used within their own classroom. I really think that these would be fun to look back at after a few years of teaching to see how much we have grown from our very first lesson plans!
    So exciting!

    Rylee

    ReplyDelete