Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Blog Post 11 - Round 2: Making a Splash

This was another great night with some awesome lessons that will really stimulate student engagement. Everyone has so many great ideas; I actually wanted to work on some of the practices that were discussed. I feel as a kid, I would have really benefited from being in some of the classrooms my classmates will be teaching. 

Related image
Lindsay's idea of creating a family tree to help students understand genetics seems like such a fun project! There is nothing better than having fun while we learn, and who doesn't love learning about their family tree? Andrew E., well he had me at wolves! I love the idea of starting with a video to introduce students to the lesson; and the card game that followed seemed entertaining and educational. Kylie's "Ultimate Breakup Letter" was super creative; what a great way to spike the interest of students; and help in making connections to such an important part of American history. I am a big fan of quotes, as we learned most of us in the class are, so Andrew H. totally nailed it with a lesson that revolves around historical quotes; what a creative way to teach history! Overall everyone did an amazing job and are all on the right path to becoming top notch educators! 

As for me, I always get so nervous presenting, even though I am behind a computer and no one can see me, anxiety kicks in and I start doubting myself and choking on my words. Although, I do get a bit nervous speaking in front of class full of children I am meeting for the first time; once I get past the nerves it is so easy to talk to them and even act silly at times to get their attention. I guess there is something about presenting to a bunch of adults that makes it that much more nerve wrecking... 

2 comments:

  1. Lisset,
    I agree with you that it is always beneficial for us as future teachers to look at other peoples lesson plans it gives us more practice at what we could one day be doing in our own classroom and it gives us more ideas we could use. I also like looking at other lessons to see how creative we all are, every lesson was different and wonderfully put together. Lisset, I really enjoyed hearing your lesson plan! I thought you did a fabulous job on the plan. I totally feel you on the anxiety I get the same way, just the waiting part to see if I am picked to go freaks me out. I feel like you did a great job, I did not hear that you were nervous at all. I think it is totally different presenting to adults than when doing a lesson in front of children. I am more nervous in front of adults than kids, personally I have no fear of talking in front of children because they are less likely to see me mess up unlike adults who are more observant.

    Great work on your lesson plan, I bet your unit plan is looking amazing!!
    Abagail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisset,

    I too get anxiety when I present, its sorta like I forgot how to talk! I think you did great though, and on a good note we shouldn't have to present again in this class...YES! I really enjoyed your lesson plans and I think that your unit plan with me totally awesome as well. You are super creative and I think your students would love this!
    Great job,

    Rylee

    ReplyDelete