Sunday, April 7, 2019

Blog Post 12 - Bringing it to a Close

Before I begin I'd like to apologize to my blog group for being so late with my post. I missed Tuesday's class because my daughter had a math competition, then I couldn't get to the recording of the class on Friday so I requested an extension from Dr. Steffes', in hopes that I could watch it on our way to Legoland on Saturday and write my blog. Turns out I couldn't get it to play on my phone. So here I am Sunday night scramming to catch up with all my assignments. Did I mention we celebrated my youngest daughter's birthday this weekend, with two different grandparents visiting from Miami and Las Vegas. So very busy weekend and poor planning on my behalf. I feel awful because both of you girls are always ahead of the curve. So again, I am truly sorry for this very late post! 

Related imageNow, to my post... what a great way to close the presentations of our lesson plans. Everyone has such great plans for their students. The future of those lives that will be touched by our classmates looks really bright! Abagail, I really love how creative you are and the way that you have incorporated games and activities to your lessons that get your students moving; this is really great to help in maintaining student engagement. Kayla's kindergarten class sounds like so much fun! I love the inclusion of interactive videos to get them excited in the lesson; I really liked her flowchart idea as well. Dakota's way of introducing the lesson was filled with excitement and that is such a great way to spark the students interest. 


Everyone did a phenomenal job!!! This has been really helpful to me as I will definitely be borrowing some of the ideas learned from my classmates. I'm so excited as we get closer to actually teaching!! 

2 comments:

  1. Lisset,

    Don't worry about it at all, it sounds like you had a really busy weekend! Life sometimes gets in the way and we are only humane. I would have to agree that it was a great way to end our presentations! I don't know about you but putting in all this hard work into my Unit/lesson plan has me feeling really accomplished.

    Take it easier this week:)
    Rylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisset,
    I totally understand life being crazy busy, I think it is just this time of the year! The warm weather brings on so many things that need to be done. I agree that everyone has done a great job, everyone's future is looking very bright in the world of education! I have seen a lot of creative ideas for lessons so far. Thank you for your feedback, I think that I really want to keep my focus on the kids being engaged. I think that is one of the most important factors in being a teacher.
    Great Post, and do not worry about being late it happens!!
    Abagail

    ReplyDelete