Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Blog Post 13 - Teach Like a Champion


Image result for teach like a champion 

Teach Like a Champion is such a magnificent resource, there are so many valuable techniques that I am excited to apply in my classroom. Some of the ones that I looked into this week were: #46 Joy Factor, this one encourages us to find and promote the joy in learning. Making our classrooms fun by focusing on the rewards gained by learning the different lessons in our classroom; #35 Props, finding ways to celebrate our students even after minimal achievements like answering a question correctly. Establishing a way that the whole class can participate in a quick way that does not disturb the lesson but encourages students to continue working and participating; #24 Pepper, this encourages the use of activities revolving around groups that can be done in a quick manner to review information that students are already familiar with and expand on those skills; #26 Everybody Writes, this is the one I covered in class this week. I especially like this one as it allows time for students to write down and collect their thoughts before answering. There is nothing worst than when a student raises their hand to answer a question and forgets what they were going to say by the time they are called on. It breaks my heart to see their little disappointed faces when this happens. These were just some of the ones I looked at in class but there are so many more which provide so much value for our classrooms. 

Lemov, D. (2010). Proven Practices from Teach Like a Champion. Retrieved from 
https://dese.mo.gov/sites/default/files/11-Research-ProvenPracticesTLAC.pdf


2 comments:

  1. Lisset,

    I really like the Teach like a champion strategies that you had chosen to implement in your classroom. There were so many that I had a hard time choosing only a few. Once I choose the few I really liked most I figured out that there were so many different ways I could implement them in my classroom. How exciting is that!

    Great post,
    Rylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisset,

    I like that we all chose different strategies, I also enjoyed that there were so many to pick from. I would love to see a classroom that applies all of strategies. I like that you picked ones to uplift students, I think that so many times students can be put down but we need to build up our students and be full of joy and positivity! I also like the one about writing what they are thinking. I do that as an adult, and I think if I wrote down what I was thinking I would not forget. I also think that this is a great thing for students too. I agree that these are great, I cannot wait to use them in the classroom.
    Awesome work,
    Abagail

    ReplyDelete